Fall 2016 Thursday Morning Bible Study
This fall, our Thursday morning Bible Study will be walking through the Psalms. I hope you will consider joining us each week at 10 am in the office. As a guide for those attending, or some inspiration for those who might want to follow along at home, our schedule and study guide through the end of the year follows. We will move onto a new series when we re-start after the Christmas break.
|September 8||Psalm 133|
|September 15||Psalm 100|
|September 22||Psalm 23|
|September 29||Psalm 80|
|October 6||Psalm 137|
|October 13||NO STUDY|
|October 20||Psalm 51|
|October 27||Psalm 1|
|November 3||Psalm 149|
|November 10||Psalm 118|
|November 17||Psalm 46|
|November 24||NO STUDY|
|December 1||Psalm 122|
|December 8||Psalm 72|
|December 15||Psalm 146|
|December 22||Psalm 80|
|December 29||NO STUDY|
Please note that for days of inclement weather, we will follow the decision of Berkeley County Public Schools. But please always make your own decision about whether you are comfortable travelling on the roads, based on your local conditions! If you have questions, you can call Pastor Sarah (304-878-3868).
WEEKLY PREPARATION QUESTIONS
For each week, please read and reflect on the assigned Psalm, and come prepared to share your thoughts on these questions, as well as any insights, research or questions your own reflections has raised.
- What does this psalm say about God?
- What does this psalm say about humans?
- What does this psalm say about the relationship between God and humans?
- What songs, poems, stories or films does this psalm bring to mind?
- What images does this psalm bring to mind?
- Imagine engaging all your senses in this psalm? What comes to mind?
- How does this psalm inspire you?
- How does this psalm challenge you?
- To whom might this psalm connect most powerfully in our time?