We have many vibrant ministries at Arden UMC.
Arden United Methodist Church’s Volunteers in Mission have helped with disaster relief for over ten years. The members of this team have come to the aid of churches, communities and individuals as far away as Eastern Europe and much closer to home, right here in Berkeley County. The Volunteers in Mission team often works with UMCOR (United Methodist Committee on Relief) in selecting and organizing projects. If you are interested in helping they are always looking for new members. No special building skills are required. For information please email the church at Volunteers in Mission information.
- Arden United Methodist Church is involved in our community. Listed below are just a few of the programs and ministries Arden UMC is involved in locally, nationally, and globally.
- Relay for Life: For the past several years the members of Arden UMC have organized a Relay for Life team. The team holds fund raisers and collects pledges throughout the community. The proceeds from the Relay for Life benefits the the American Cancer Society. Donate online to the Miracle Network, Arden UMC’s Relay for Life team. For more information visit the Relay for Life.
- Berkeley County BackPack Program: The BackPack Program sends food home each weekend with children who otherwise may go hungry. This national organization dates back to 1995 and came to Berkeley County in 2010. The church has held fundraisers to help fund this program. For the past few years the church youth group has adopted a BackPack program family raising money and shopping to provide the children in that family with Christmas gifts. This has become an on going ministry for the youth. Visit The Berkeley County BackPack Program for more information.
- Kidz Power Pacs: The Kidz Power Pacs is a program of the Community Combined Ministries. This faith based initiative is similar to the BackPack program. The offering collected during our Agape Village/children’s worship is donated to this program. For more information visit The Kidz Power Pacs.
- CCAP: CCAP (Community Congregational Action Project) provides financial assistance to struggling families in Berkeley County. Arden UMC has contributed to this community ministry for several years. If you need help or would like to make an individ tual contribution call (304)267-2810.
- Loaves and Fishes: Arden UMC collects nonperishable food on an on going basis and delivers it to Loaves and Fishes, a local food pantry. For more information about Loaves and Fishes visit Food Pantries or call Loaves and Fishes at (304) 267-2810.
- Union Rescue Mission: The Union Rescue Mission has served the homeless of our community for over 50 years. Arden UMC makes regular contributions to this very worthwhile ministry. For more information about the programs and ministries of the Rescue Mission visit http://www.martinsburgrescuemission.com/.
- Berkeley County Youth Fair: One evening each August, Arden UMC mans the concession stand at the Berkeley County Youth Fair (BCYF). Not only does this evening raise funds to help cover the fair’s operating costs, but, provides an evening of fellowship for the church members who participate. The BCYF serves and benefits the youth of Berkeley County. For more information about the fair visit http://berkeleycountyyouthfair.org/.
- Tri County Pastoral Counseling: Tri County Pastoral Counseling offers low cost counseling services to the residents of Berkeley, Jefferson and Morgan counties. Help is offered in the following areas: individual counseling, marriage counseling, family counseling, group counseling, sexual counseling, premarital counseling, divorce mediation (non-legal), and spiritual development. Arden UMC and the Arden UMM support this service through financial donations and participation in the annual golf tournament. For more information or to make an appointment call (304)263-6205, Monday – Friday.
- Mountain Ridge Intermediate School: Arden UMC has formed a partnership with Mountain Ridge Intermediate School. For the past several of years the members of Arden UMC have donated school and classroom supplies to the school. The Arden United Methodist Women have also collected mittens and hats to give to students.
- Board of Child Care: The mission of the Board of Child Care is “… an outreach ministry of The United Methodist Church is to serve children and families who require physical, emotional, behavioral and social support.” The Arden UMC offers financial support to this ministry through special offerings taken up during worship services. Locally the Arden United Methodist Men support the residential facility here in Berkeley County. The men not only offer financial support, but also purchase, wrap and deliver Christmas gifts to each of the children living at the Board of Child Care’s facility.